Who we are
Bioworld is a Texas Corporation with offices at 1159 Cottonwood Ln, Irving, TX 75038
Our designated Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) is Shawn Stauffer, who can be contacted at email@example.com.
Information we collect
The personal data that we collect on our website is:
- Telephone number;
- IP address;
- Financial data for product or service purchases;
- Browser type and version;
- Time zone setting and location;
- Browser plug-in types and versions; and
- Operating system and platform.
We also provide several wearable technology products such as smart watches and smart wallets that may collect the following information:
- device information: id, user id, device id, latitude, longitude, created at, updated at, deleted at
- heart rate information: id, user id, number, date, start time, end time, created at, updated at, deleted at
- license information: id, watch type, information, created at, updated at, deleted at
- photo information: id, user id, file, thumb, path, extension, mime type, storage, created at, updated at, deleted at
- profile information: id, user id, name, sex, height, weight, heart rate, birthday, goal, photo id, created at, updated at, deleted at
- sleep information: id, user id, mode, duration, date, start time, created at, updated at, deleted at
- fitness information: id, user id, steps, distance, calorie, date, start time, end time, created at, updated at, deleted at
- user preference information: id, user id, walking running, height, weight, calories, created at, updated at
- user information: id, email, phone, password, created at, updated at, deleted at
Data collection may be adjusted or turned off entirely in conjunction with the wearable device or a smartphone app associated with the wearable device. This data is collected to assist you with tracking exercise, sleep and other monitoring objectives, and you should not register or use these wearable devices if you do not wish to have this information collected and stored by Bioworld on your behalf.
We collect information through several other methods as well. First, we collect your personal information directly from you. For example, when you provide us your personal information when you make an order, fill out a form, contact our consumer support, or participate in a contest or sweepstake. Some of the devices include features that use precise location data, including
GPS signals, device sensors, wi-fi access points, and cell tower IDs - we collect this type of data if you grant us access to your location. The data collected varies depending on which device you use, and the data recorded on your device is transferred from your device to our servers when your device syncs with our applications or software.
Finally, we may sometimes collect your personal information from third parties. For example, when you interact with us through a social media function such as a plug-in (e.g., a Facebook “like” button) then you may be permitting us to have on-going access to some information from your social network profile (such as your name, email address, your friend list, photo, age, gender, location, birthday, social networking ID, current city, the people/sites you follow, and so forth), to the extent allowed by your settings with the third party platform or site. We may also obtain information about you from a third party data aggregator, cookie technology operator, advertising network, or another type of data company.
How we use your personal data
- Provide a service or product you have requested.
- Create an account on a service if you have requested one.
- Improve and personalize a service we offer and the advertising displayed through a service.
- Respond to your inquiries, requests, and comments.
- Allow you to participate in the interactive features of a service.
- Provide technical support for a service.
- Understand how a service is used so that we can improve a service provided to users.
- Send you service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages.
- Send you information about products, services and promotions relating to us or other companies or organizations that we work with.
- Combine the information we collect or receive about you for any of the foregoing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences OR by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or certain other transactions.
Your rights with respect to personal information
Certain jurisdictions such as the European Union provide you with additional rights relating to your personal data. If your jurisdiction provides you with the right to do so, you may ask Bioworld to provide you with access to the personal information that Bioworld processes about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source of data we receive
If your jurisdiction provides you with the right to do so, and if you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
If you reside in a jurisdiction that allows you to request erasure of your personal data, to restrict processing, or to object to any direct marketing from us, we will do so at your request. Where applicable, you may also have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure. You should direct any requests relating to obtaining copies of and/or deleting your personal data to our DPO using the contact information provided in the “Who we are” section above.
Who do we share your personal data with?
- Corporate affiliates and change of control: We may share your personal information with our corporate affiliates and if Bioworld itself (or part of its business) is sold or otherwise changes control, owners would have access to your personal information for the uses set out herein.
- Service providers: We may share your personal information with suppliers who perform services on our behalf and have agreed in writing to protect and not further disclose your information.
- Payment service providers and vendors: If you order through our website, we may share your personal information with the payment service providers you have ordered through. These third parties will process your personal information as data controllers in accordance with their own privacy policies. If you contact our consumer support, they may need to share information about your request with the relevant travel vendor in order to assist you.
- Business partners: We may share your personal information with various business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. Some of these business providers include, Amazon, Inc., Facebook, Inc., Mailchimp, and their subsidiaries and affiliates. These business partners may use your personal information for online behavioral advertising purposes, or to offer you services or products that we believe you may be interested in. We may also share your information as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. For example, if you provide information to enter a sweepstakes, we may share your information with the promotional partners. We may also share anonymous aggregated usage information with partners.
- Information shared in public: If you provide us a review of our products and services, you authorize us to publish it on all our web sites under the screen name you provided. You also authorize us to aggregate it with other reviews.
- Authorities: We may disclose personal information if required by law, for example to law enforcement or other authorities. This includes court orders, subpoenas and orders arising from legal processes, and administrative or criminal investigations. We may also disclose your personal information if the disclosure is necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts or to prevent other damage, or in response to a legal action or to enforce our rights and claims.
Bioworld takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including, but not limited to:
- Restricted access
- IT authentication
Consequences of not providing your data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Bioworld, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with certain of our services, deliver your products and for other legitimate interests, we will not be able to offer all of our services without it.
How long do we keep your data?
Bioworld only retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations.
- We keep personal information for as long as is required by applicable law. For example, we are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years.
- We keep your account information, like your name, email address, and password, for as long as your account is in existence because we need it to operate your account.
- We keep certain health-related information, like your exercise or activity data for as long as you are actively using any device we provide that tracks and submits such information to us. If you stop using all devices that track such personal information, we will keep your information until: (1) one year after you use your account settings or tools to delete the data or your account, or (2) if there is no account associated with the data you are providing us, one year after you have stopped providing us any personal information through any device that provides such information.
- We also keep information about you and your use of our services for as long as necessary for our legitimate business interests, for legal reasons, and to prevent harm, including as described in the “How do we use your personal data” and “Who do We Share Your Personal Data With” sections.
- Bioworld may also de-identify data such that it is no longer associated with you, and Bioworld may keep this anonymized data for as long as it chooses, in its sole discretion.
Making a complaint
How cookies work
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, and our site relies on cookies to optimize user experience and for features and services to function properly.
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies through the browser settings, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website or services. For more information about cookies visit https://www.aboutcookies.org.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to individuals under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact our DPO at firstname.lastname@example.org. After notification, we will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.